Discover the Benefits of Dental Implants
Are you ready to replace your missing teeth? Dental implants offered by your York, PA, dentist, Dr. Robert Hoffmaster, provide several benefits that make implants an excellent choice.
5 reasons to choose dental implants
Dental implants can:
- Improve Your Appearance: Do you feel as if there's nothing left to smile about since you've lost one or more teeth? Dental implants replace your lost teeth, restoring your sparkling smile. Implants consist of titanium posts implanted in your jawbone during minor oral surgery in York. Implants bond to your jawbone and replace your tooth roots. As soon as the implants bond to your bone, they're topped with dental crowns, synthetic restorations that replace the tops of teeth.
- Make Eating Easier: Tooth restoration options that only restore the visible parts of teeth may cause your biting power to decrease. Since dental replace the crowns and roots of your teeth, they provide the strength you need to bite, chew and grind soft, hard, tough and chewy foods easily.
- Keep Your Jaw Strong: Your jawbone may begin to shrink after tooth loss, particularly if you've lost multiple teeth. The problem occurs due to a loss of stimulation from the tooth roots. Eventually, the muscles in the lower half of your face may begin to sag or your teeth may become loose. Dental implants constantly stimulate your jawbone, preventing it from shrinking or weakening.
- Offer an Alternative to Traditional Dentures: Dental implants are a good option no matter how many teeth you've lost. They can even be used with dentures. As few as four implants can be used to attach an implant-supported upper or lower denture. Dentures may be attached directly to dental implants or to a metal framework that is attached to the implants.
- Provide a Comfortable Restoration Option: Strong roots not only make it possible to eat a variety of foods but also make dental implants a comfortable option. In fact, your new tooth will probably feel very much like your natural teeth. Since your crown is connected directly to the implant, you won't have to worry about uncomfortable gum irritation either.
Fill the gaps in your smile with dental implants. Call your dentist in York, PA, Dr. Robert Hoffmaster, at (717) 846-9428 to schedule your appointment.